2020 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Awards: The University of Alberta, Canada through the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research is pleased to announce the University of Alberta Doctoral scholarship. The scholarship is to help recruit superior students at PhD level possessing the potential to contribute to the University’s community and research.
The University of Alberta is a foremost university in Canada known for academic and research excellence. The university is ranked 5th in Canada and one of the top 100 in the world. The university is also known for its commitment, passion and in the employ of individuals who have dedicated their lives to improving the lives of others by pushing the boundaries of knowledge through effective teaching, learning and research facilities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta
Scholarship to be taken at: Canada
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the University of Alberta
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship if for domestic and international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Awards, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students who are on a study permit.
- Applicants who are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department of transferred from a master’s to a doctoral program.
- Applicants must be registered to a full-time doctoral program.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor and master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have good academic and research background and must also possess great leadership skills.
Application Procedures for the 2020 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Awards
There is no application form for the scholarship. Eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. Students cannot directly apply for the scholarship.
Applicants are to apply first to their chosen department and if granted admission and eligible for the scholarship, the department will then nominate such student for the scholarship. The departments may choose to nominate individuals based on several criteria including letters of appraisal, academic record, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research and other technical experience.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2020