Global Korea Scholarship 2020 (Funded by Korea Government): The application window for the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is open and invites applications/nominations by international students and designated institutions. Open for students across the globe, the Global Korea Scholarship supports about 700 persons (graduate course) and 170 persons (undergraduate course) on a yearly basis to study in Korea. The 2020 batch is not an exception.
The GKS which funding cover is aimed at providing international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Korea Government
Scholarships to be taken at: Institutions across Korea.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Slots: 870 scholarships per year.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All undergraduate and graduate programs.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students (Global eligibility)
General Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the study in korea scholarship (Global Korea Scholarship 2020), it is expect that;
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin (Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship).
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Applicants should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Applicants should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Applicants must have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Applicants must possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate) – Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
- Airfare : Actual cost
- Resettlement Allowance: KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance (Undergraduate): 800,00 ; Graduate: 900,000
- Medical Insurance: KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses: KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Tuition Fees: Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency: KRW 100,000
- Research Support: KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation): KRW 500,000 – 800,000
- Completion Grant: KRW 100,000 (Once)
Application Procedures for the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Interested and eligible applicants for the are required to submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned. Always use the links provided for clear guideline on the application process.
Application Deadline: Application window open