International Excellence Scholarship At University of Waikato: University of Waikato – New Zealand is welcoming applications from outstanding and suitably qualified international students for International Excellence Scholarship who wish to study a degree program at the institution for 2020/2021 academic session.
This Scholarship is intended to support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato. The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$10,000, and will be awarded to successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: NZD$10,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the International Excellence Scholarship At University of Waikato;
- Candidates must be international student
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be citizens of the following countries and classified as overseas students: USA, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Jordan, Iran, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Mauritius.
- The award is available for Masters Courses in the University.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time Undergraduate degree at University of Waikato.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+
- Applicants must be intending to enroll at the University of Waikato (UoW) for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Those who are coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body are ineligible.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Waikato’s minimum English language proficiency requirements
Application Procedures for the International Excellence Scholarship At University of Waikato
How- To- Apply
Eligible applicants are required to click on Application process for the proper guide on how to apply for the award.
Applications for 2020 can be submitted at any time but applicants must be overseas at the time of submitting their application for the scholarship and must submit their scholarship application prior to lodging a visa application to travel to New Zealand. They need to furnish a personal statement that answers the following questions:
What are your career goals/aspirations?
How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Application Deadline: Applications 2020 can be submitted at anytime