PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for Africans 2020: Applications are requested from doctoral African students for the Partnership for Skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for the 2020 session. PASET is an African-led initiative aimed at strengthening skills in the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET which focuses on transformative technologies that have a far-reaching positive impact on the society. RSIF is poised to train PhD students and post-doctoral researchers at selected African universities to address the human resource gap of qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering and technology (ASET).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): African Governments, the World Bank and the Government of Korea
Scholarship to be taken at: Africa
Scholarship level: Doctoral students and Post-doctoral researchers
Scholarship Worth: Full Scholarships
Subject Eligibility: Big data and artificial intelligence; Food security and agri-business; Minerals, mining and materials engineering; Energy including renewables; Climate change
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African applicants.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for Africans 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country with a relevant master’s degree completed less than six years before 30th April, 2020.
- Applicants must meet the specific admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD. Applicants can visit the RSIF website to learn more.
- Applicants must be willing to enrol full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Applicants must be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research placement at an international partner.
- Applicants must demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- The scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs.
- RSIF PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6-24 months in a sandwich training at an international partner university, research institute or partner company.
- RSIF PhD scholars will be given access to competitive research grants from RSIF upon completion of the PhD.
Application Procedures for the PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for Africans 2020
Applicants are to reference the RSIF PhD scholarship call guidelines (English or French) for guidance in completing their application. Applicants should note that only complete applications submitted online will be accepted. If there is any challenges encountered when navigating the application system, please contact [email protected].
Applicants are to complete the online application and submit their supporting documents via the online system HERE. The online platform will accept the following file types: doc, docx, pdf, jpg, jpeg, png. The maximum file size accepted for any single file is 32 MB.
Application must be completed in English or French.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2020 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC +3)