Undergraduate and Postgraduate International Scholarship for Africans: Applications are welcome from suitably qualified African applicants for the 2020 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship-African Women in STEM to be taken at Macquarie University, Australia. The award which is to support both undergraduate and postgraduate studies for African women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
The scholarship will provide a partial tuition fee support to outstanding and excellent female students from African countries and to also support those who share the passion to enroll in study areas such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The Undergraduate and Postgraduate International Scholarship for Africans is a highly competitive award and will be awarded to the best applicant.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Macquarie University
Scholarship to be taken at: Sydney, Australia
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Up to 50% tuition fees
Subject Eligibility: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for female African students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate International Scholarship for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a female having a citizenship of a country within the sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Applicant must satisfy the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Applicant must hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for a coursework program that is listed as in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, And Mathematics at Macquarie University.
- Applicant have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for postgraduate studies and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Applicants must begin the program in the 2021 academic session and not defer.
- Applicants must have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde,Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Application Procedures for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate International Scholarship for Africans
Applicants must complete an online application form. Candidates should note that once their application has been processed, they will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “African Women STEM” in the scholarship Name Field and supply the required information.
Application Deadline: Ongoing